3/4 cup rice - washed and drained
5 to 7 cups of water
1 century egg - shelled and diced
1 knob ginger - peeled and julienned
1/2 cup minced pork
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
light soy sauce to taste
- Bring water to a boil. Add rice grains and bring to a boil again.
- Cook for a few minutes and turn off heat. Let the rice cook in the residual heat.
- Marinate the minced pork with sesame oil, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- After an hour, turn on heat for congee. Stir frequently to break up the rice grains till it turns mushy.
- Add in minced pork and century egg. Stir to mix well.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into a serving bowl and sprinkle with some chopped green onion.
- Add some soy sauce to taste if desired.