3 yukon potatoes - peeled and cut into strips
1 red bell pepper - cut into strips (optional)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp black vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
sugar to taste
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Place the potato strips in a bowl of water and soak for a few hours.
- Drain and set aside the water in a bowl. Discard the top portion of the potato water, leaving the starchy water on the bottom for use later.
- Heat up oil in pan. Add chopped garlic and fry for a while.
- Fry the bell pepper strips over high heat for a while.
- Add the potato strips and continue to stir fry over high heat.
- Drizzle soy sauce and black vinegar and do a quick stir fry.
- Add some starchy water of it is too dry. Fry till potato is just cooked to maintain its crisp.
- Add sugar to taste. Add a little salt if preferred.
- Mix well and serve warm with rice.