6 chicken drumsticks - chopped into pieces
pumpkin - use half of it, peeled and cut into large cubes
2 dried red chillies - seeds removed
3/4 tbsp szechuanese peppercorns
3 cloves garlic - minced
2 slices ginger
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 cup water.
Marinade for chicken
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
sprinkle of pepper
- Heat up oil in a pan. Brown chicken lightly. Set aside.
- With the remaining oil, add garlic and ginger and fry till aromatic.Add peppercorns and fry till aromatic.
- Add chicken and shaoxing wine and do a quick stir fry.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil. Switch to low heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowl and serve warm with rice.