3 lb babyback ribs
Weber BBQ sauce
1 stick cinnamon
3 star anise
- Using a fruit juicer, cut the apples into pieces and juice them. Set aside.
- Place the ribs into a baking pan, meaty side facing down.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise into the pan.
- Pour apple juice to cover the ribs completely.
- Cover with aluminium foil and marinate for 5 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat up weber grill and place pan inside. Cover and cook for 2 hours on medium high temperature (about 350 degrees F)
- Remove pan from grill. Using a pair of tongs, place the ribs onto the hot grille directly. Cook on high for about 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Turn over and cook for another 5 minutes. Brush some barbecue sauce on the grilled side of the ribs.
- When the other side is grilled as well, remove the ribs from the grill and let cool.
- Cut into pieces and top with additional barbecue sauce if desired. Or simply enjoy the irresistibly flavourful ribs on its own