1 hairy gourd (mao gua) - peeled and cut into pieces
5 pcs dried shitake mushroom - soaked and drained
1 tbsp dried prawns - soaked and drained
dried beancurd stick
1 tsp white peppercorn - lightly pound
2 cloves garlic
1 shallot - sliced
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup water or more
- Heat up oil in pot. Fry the dried prawns till lightly browned, add shallot and garlic and fry till aromatic,
- Add minced meat and do a quick stir fry over high heat.
- Drizzle rice wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Fry to mix well.
- Add mushroom and beancurd stick.
- Add water, cover and braised for 10 minutes.
- Add hairy gourd and continue to braised for another 10 to 15 minutes or till desired tenderness.
- Drizzle sesame oil and serve warm.