Ingredients5 chicken drumsticks
3 red chillies
1/2 white onion - diced
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1-1/2 tbsp thai red curry paste
2 tbsp diced tomatoes
1 tsp mustard seeds
handful of sweet basil
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp cooking oil
salt to taste
- Heat up oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the chicken drumsticks till lightly browned. Set aside.
- With the remaining oil, fry the mustard seeds till they start to pop. Add onion, garlic and ginger and fry till aromatic.
- Add curry paste and fry for a while. Add diced tomatoes and fry for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and chicken drumsticks and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt, red chillies and basil and continue to simmer for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.