2 leeks (white and pale green parts) - sliced thinly
3 medium-sized potatoes - peeled and sliced thinly
1 yellow onion - peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic - peeled and minced
3 - 4 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 - 3 tbsp half and half
pinch of red chili flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the butter, leeks, onion, and salt and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion begins to turn translucent and leeks are softened.
- Add garlic and saute till aromatic. Add the potatoes and vegetable stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes or till the potatoes are tender
- Remove the soup from the heat and ladle the soup into a blender. Blend the soup mixture in parts till smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pot and reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the half and half and continue to simmer until mixture becomes creamy.
- Garnish with some red chilli flakes and serve warm.