Ingredients1 packet of potsticker skins - defrost at room temperature before use
1 lb ground chicken meat
10 medium-sized shrimp - peeled, deveined and chopped
1 cup chopped napa cabbage
3 stalks green onion - chopped
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
dash of white pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp cornstarch
water for steaming
oil for pan frying
Dipping saucechili oil
black vinegar and soy sauce with shredded ginger
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and seasonings together. Mix well. Set aside for 1 hour or more to let it marinate.
- Place one spoonful of filling onto the centre of a potsticker skin. Dab the edges with a little water and pleat to form a potsticker shape with a flat bottom.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil in a large pan on medium heat. Place the potstickers with the flat bottom facing down. Fry till the bottom turns light brown, which takes a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan, cover and turn the heat to medium high. Steam the potstickers for a few minutes.
- When the water in the pan has almost evaporated, remove cover and let it fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the potstickers to a serving plate and serve with dipping sauce.