Ingredients2 cucumbers - unpeeled, cored and cut into strips
1 carrot - peeled and cut into strips
1 cup pineapple chunks (i used canned ones)
1 fresh red chili - remove seeds and cut into strips
1 cup white vinegar
2 - 3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 tbsp sambal belachan
roasted peanuts - grind
toasted white sesame seeds
- Add salt to cut cucumbers and let it sit for 20 minutes, then drained.
- Place cucumbers, carrots and pineapple in a glass bowl with a lid.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and sambal belachan to the bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. It can be kept for a week.
- Before serving, add dash of roasted peanut powder and sesame seeds.