4 coils dry thin noodles
1 small piece basa fillet - cut into slices and marinate with some salt and pepper
2 squid - cleaned and cut into rings
6 prawns = deshelled and deveined
1 small piece lean pork = cut into thin slices
handful of chye sim = washed and cut
2 ginger slices
2 shallot - peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp shallot oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up water in pot and cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and divide into two plates. Coat each plate of cooked noodles with 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp shallot oil. Seat aside.
- Using the remaining hot water, blanch the chye sim for 1 - 2 minutes and place them on the noodles.
- Heat up oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the ginger, shallot and garlic until fragrant. Add sliced meat, fish, prawns and squid and fry for another minute. Add sauce and let it simmer for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir in some cornstarch solution and mix well. Pour cooked ingredients and sauce over the noodles.
- Serve the noodles warm with some pickled green chillies.