1 lb pork chop
1 small bunch broccoli - trimmed and blanched
8 - 10 pcs baby carrots - blanched
1/2 onion - sliced
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped shallot
1 stalk lemongrass - trimmed and finely chopped (3 tbsp)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp oil
- Cut the pork chop into pieces about 1 cm thick. Set aside.
- Put the sugar, garlic , shallot and lemongrass into an electric mini chopper and process to a fine texture. (or mince the garlic, shallot and lemongrass individually and put them into a bowl, then add the sugar.) Add pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and oil and process to combine well. Aim for a relatively smooth texture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the pork and coat with the marinade. Cover and set aside at room temperature to marinate for 1 hour or more or preferably refrigerate overnight.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch the broccoli and baby carrots for 1 -2 minutes and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Heat up oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the onion till fragrant. Remove from pan and arrange on the serving plate.
- Using the remaining oil, fry the pork chops 1 -2 minutes on each side or until cooked. Place them on the plate and serve with the vegetables.