1 tube egg tofu - cut into pieces about 2cm thick
150g minced meat
12 fresh shitake mushroom
1 small bunch broccoli - cut into florets
1 carrot - peeled and sliced thinly
1 fresh red chili - cut into small pieces
2 slices ginger
2 shallot - chopped
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1/2 cup water
cooking oil for frying
1 1/2 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up oil in a pot and fry the tofu till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Remove excess oil and leave 2 tbsp oil in the pan. Add the mushroom and minced meat and stir fry under medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add ginger, shallot and garlic and continue to fry for another 1 -2 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle sauce over the mixture and fry to combine well. Add water and mix well.
- Heat up a claypot on medium heat. Transfer the mixture to the heated claypot.
- Add fried egg tofu and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, carrots and chili. Cover and cook for a few minutes or until the broccoli is just cooked.
- Remove cover and serve warm with rice.