1 lb of pork ribs
rice flour or sweet potato flour
1/4 white onion - cut into 2 cm pieces
few slices of garlic
few slices of ginger
1 green bell pepper - cut into 2 cm pieces
1 red chilli - sliced
1 green chilli - sliced
Marinade for pork ribs
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
pinch of pepper
5 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup water
pinch of salt
- Blanch and marinate the pork ribs for a few hours.
- Heat up oil in a wok. Coat the ribs with rice flour and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and deep fry a second time under high heat for a few minutes to remove excess oil and make them more crispy.
- Leave 2 tbsp of oil in the wok. Saute the ginger, garlic, bell pepper, red and green chilli for a while. Add the sauce to the wok and stir fry for a while.
- Add in the ribs and mix well. Check seasonings and add salt if needed. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.