1 lb of minced meat
1 fuzzy melon (mao gua) - peeled and sliced into 2 cm thickness
2 stalk of king oyster mushrooms - cut into 2cm thickness
4 pieces of puffy beancurd (taupok) - cut into halves
2 slices ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced shallot
Marinade for minced meat
2 red chilli padi - seeds removed and cut into small pieces
1 stalk of green onion - cut into small pieces
1 tsp huatiao wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the minced meat with all the ingredients for 30 mins. Set aside for stuffing later.
- Remove the seeds from the sliced fuzzy melon and placed the scooped out seeds in a bowl.
- Stuff the minced meat into the upo and beancurd.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Saute the ginger, garlic and shallots till fragrant. Add chicken stock, mushrooms, stuffed melon and puffy beancurd and the scooped out seeds.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 mins or till melon is cooked to desired tenderness. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.