Makes 6 crab cakes
1 small egg
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dry mustard or dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tbsp minced white onion - cooked in microwave for abt 1 min
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of paprika
6 oz Dungeness crab meat (or lump crab meat from the best crab available to you)
2 tbsp cracker crumbs or seasoned croutons - crushed
Unsalted butter for pan frying
Bread crumbs/Panko - 3 tbsp or more as needed to form patties
- Add a little oil to the minced onion and cook in microwave oven for 1 min or slightly brown and softened. Let it cool.
- Whisk the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl.
- Add in the onion, crab meat and cracker crumbs and mix well. If the mixture is too watery, add in some panko.
- Form into 6 small balls and make into patties.
- Place the patties on a baking tray lined with wax paper, covered and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Fry the crab cakes using medium high heat until golden brown on both sides
- Serve with tartar sauce or your preferred sauce.