1 packet of bak kut teh spices
1 clove garlic
6 pieces of fried tau kee
8 pieces of tau pok
1 king oyster mushroom/12 pc white mushrooms preferred
1 piece of ginger slice
6 pieces of yu zhu
2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- Parboil the pork ribs. Boil water in a pot and add the pork ribs and bak kut teh spices packet into the boiling water.
- Add the ginger slices, garlic, tau pok, mushroom, yuzhu and dark soy sauce into the pot. Switch to low heat and continue to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- In another small pot, boil the fried tau kee for a few minutes or until it is slightly softened. Drain and add the tau kee into the pot and boil for another 1/2 hour.
- Add salt to taste.Add some fresh lettuce and parsley to the soup before serving.
- Prepare some cut red chillies in dark soy sauce for dipping.