1 pot of Bellevue Brand Pig's trotters (I made my own braised pig's trotters!)
Bee Hoon (dry vermicelli soaked in water)
Pig's Trotters Ingredients
3 large pieces of pig's trotters
1/2 cup dark soy sauce
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/3 cup black vinegar
2 cups water or more to cover the pig's trotters
8 cloves garlic
2 slices ginger
1 star anise
6 dried red chillies - soaked in hot water for 5 mins and cut, remove seeds
1 packet of pre-roasted chestnuts
6 dried shitake mushrooms - soaked in water till soften, drained and cut into pieces, reserving the mushroom water.
- Heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pressure cooker pot. Fry the garlic for about one minute. Add red chillies and fry for another while.
- Add pig's trotters into the pot.
- Drizzle dark soy sauce and light soy sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Drizzle black vinegar and do another stir fry.
- Add enough water to cover the pig's trotters and star anise.
- Pressure cook for twenty minutes. Turn off heat and let the pressure release by itself.
- Remove cover and add mushrooms and roasted chestnuts.
- Cook for another 5 minutes using a normal lid instead of pressure cooker lid.
- Leave it on for at least a few hours to incorporate the flavours of the ingredients.
- Soak the bee hoon in warm water till soften.
- Pour the gravy of the braised pig's trotters into a large wok and heat it up.
- Add the been hoon and use a pair of chopsticks and frying ladle to mix well.
- Pour the ingredients in and mix evenly.
- Serve immediately.