I large dungeness crab (I bought pre-cooked crab) - washed and cleaned
6 shallots - peeled and chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
6 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
2 tbsp hot bean paste
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp yeo's chilli sauce
1 tbsp sambal chilli
juice of 1 lime
2 cups water
2 eggs - beaten
salt and sugar to taste
- Chop the crab into large pieces.
- Heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Fry shallots till lightly brown. Add ginger and garlic and fry till aromatic. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add hot bean paste, ketchup and sambal chilli and fry for a while.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add crab into the wok. Cover and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lime juice. Sprinkle salt and sugar to taste. Stir to mix well.
- Add some cornstarch solution to thicken the gravy.
- Add eggs into the wok and stir lightly.
- Cover and turn off heat. Use th residual heat to cook the eggs.
- After one minute, remove cover and ladle into a serving bowl.
- Enjoy the finger licking homely dish!