1lb pork ribs - washed and scalded
1/2 medium sized winter melon - peeled and cut into cubes
few pieces of ginger
2 cloves garlic - chopped
2 star anise
1 small pc cinnamon stick
pinch of sugar and salt
2 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Heat up oil in wok. Fry ginger and garlic on low heat till aromatic.
- Switch to high heat. Add star anise, cinnamon stick and pork ribs.
- Do a quick drizzle of sauce over pork ribs and fry for a minute.
- Add enough hot water to just cover the pork ribs. Sprinkle sugar and salt.
- Cover and braise for 45 minutes or till pork ribs are tender.
- Add winter melon cubes and braise for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with some chopped parsley and red chillies.