1 banana leaf (or parchment paper
1 lb tapioca (i use frozen one which is available)
3/4 cup sugar
tiny pinch of salt
2 pandan leaves
200ml coconut milk50ml water
- Line pan (square pan if you have) with banana leaf or parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grate the tapioca in a bowl and pour away excess water.
- Stir egg, water, sugar and salt in a large bowl till sugar is dissolved.
- Add grated tapioca into the bowl.
- Knead and wring pandan leaves into the mixture to add flavour. Discard the leaves.
- Add coconut milk into the tapioca batter.
- Pour batter into pan and level it so that batter is evenly mixed.
- Bake for 1 hour till the top crust is golden brown. Bake for a longer time if it is not golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes or more.
- Cut into slices and serve.