1 medium-sized yam - peeled and cut into large cubes
1/2 lb minced meat
1 small carrot - peeled and chopped
2 stalk green onion - chopped
3 ginger slices
2 cloves garlic - lightly smashed
2 cups water - estimated
1 tbsp cooking oil
Seasonings for meat
1 tsp huatiao
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Add seasonings to meat. Add chopped carrot and green onion and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat up oil in pan. Fry ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add yam cubes and fry to mix well.
- Drizzle sauce and do a quick stir fry. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and boil for 20 minutes till yam is tender.
- Add meatballs and continue to simmer till cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.