1 chicken (4 to 5 lbs)
2 strips bacon - cut into pieces
12 white mushroom - cut into halves
1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas
2 stalks celery - cut into pieces
3 shallots/onion - sliced
1 lemon - use a toothpick to poke half of the lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1 quarter stick butter
1/2 dried rosemary
1/2 dried oregano
1/2 dried thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
- Wash and pat dry chicken. Leave in fridge for one hour or more.
- Melt butter. Add spices and mix.
- Rub the chicken with the butter spice mix.
- Heat up pan. Fry bacon till brown and slightly crispy. Remove from pan.
- Fry shallots till aromatic. Add mushrooms and fry for a few minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add celery and stir fry for a while. Add beans and fry to mix well.
- Pour in the rest of the cooked ingredients. Add salt and pepper and toss to mix well.
- Stuff chicken with the stir fried ingredients.
- Leave some space and stuff the lemon (part with holes on the inner side)
- Use several toothpicks to seal the cavity.
- Preheat weber grill to 400 degrees F.
- Place a trivet on a pan. Add 1/2 cup water into the pan. Place the chicken on top of the trivet.
- Cover and roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or till internal thigh temperature registers 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and cover with aluminium foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into pieces and serve warm.