Ingredients1 lb steelhead trout fillet
Marinade2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sake
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
- Add brown sugar and soy sauce into a small pot and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, turn off heat and stir to melt the sugar. Remove from heat. Add sake and grated ginger and combine well. Let the marinade cool to room temperature.
- Rub marinade over the fillet to ensure they are evenly coated. Place fillets in fridge for a few hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F. Brush some oil onto the heated grilles.
- Place fillet on the grill and cover. Grill for 3 - 4 minutes on one side
- Remove cover, brush with some marinade and flip over to the other side.
- Cover and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is cooked.
- Remove from grill and serve with a salad or your preferred greens.