Ingredients1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp soy sauce
1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 to 1 cup panko crumbs
thick slices of cheese
2 tomatoes - sliced
handful of lettuce
- In a bowl, mix the ground turkey and all other ingredients except panko crumbs.
- Slowly add in the panko crumbs and mix well until the texture can be moulded into patties without breaking apart. Add more or less as necessary.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Divide into 7 portions and mould them into burger patties at least 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Brush the grill grate with some oil.
- Place turkey patties on the grill and cook 4 minutes on one side.
- Flip over and grill for another 4 minutes. Place a slice of cheese on top of each patty and grill for another minute or till patties are fully cooked.
- Remove from grill and transfer to a plate. Turn off heat.
- Open up the turkey burgers and place them on the grill. Heat up till they are warm and lightly toasted.
- Fill up the burgers with turkey patties, lettuce and tomatoes and serve warm.