1 large squid (washed, separate the tentacles part and cleaned)
Marinade2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sake
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
- Add brown sugar and soy sauce into a small pot and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, turn off heat and stir to melt the sugar. Remove from heat. Add sake and grated ginger and combine well. Let the marinade cool to room temperature.
- Rub marinade over the squid to ensure they are evenly coated. Place squid in fridge for a few hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F. Brush some oil onto the heated grilles.
- Place squid on the grill and cover. Grill for 3 - 4 minutes on one side
- Remove cover, brush with some marinade and flip over to the other side.
- Cover and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until squid is just cooked.
- Remove from grill and cut into pieces.
- Heat up the remaining marinade and drizzle the sauce onto the squid and sprinkle sesame seeds over it.
- Serve with some sweet chilli sauce or your preferred sauce..