I learnt this dish from my mum. She deep fried the tofu and they were very crispy and delicious, but I opted for the healthier version of pan frying them.1 packet soft tofu
150g minced meat
8 medium sized prawns - deshelled
1 large egg
2 stalks green onion - chopped
2 red chillies - remove seeds and chopped
2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the tofu and place it on a siever to remove excess water.
- Mix all other ingredients to the mashed tofu and place it on a plate with some depth.
- Steam it for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and remove any excess water.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then cut into cubes.
- Heat up oil on pan and fry the tofu over medium heat till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with some sweet chilli sauce.