Ingredients2 pcs pork chop
2 tomatoes - quartered
some slices of yellow bell pepper
1 jalapeno - deseeded and sliced
5 dried red chill
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 white onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp ketchup
3/4 tbsp vinegar
brown sugar to taste
salt and pepper to taste
salt water for brining
1/2 cup water
- Wash and brine the pork chop with salt water overnight and place in fridge.
- Remove pork chop from salt water and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat up weber grill on high at 450 degrees F. Brush some oil on the grill. Grill pork chops covered for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and wrap in aluminium foil for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Fry the bell pepper and jalapeno for 1 -2 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- With the remaining oil, fry the onion, shallot, garlic and dried chilli until fragrant. Add tomatoes and fry to mix well. Add ketchup, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer under low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in some cornstarch solution to thicken it. Turn off heat.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Boil the green peas for 1 - 2 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from heat and place on the serving plate.
- Place the grilled pork chop on the plate and ladle some sweet and sour sauce to go with it. Serve warm.