1 packet soft tofu - cut into six pieces
1 small bunch of baby gailan
1 small bowl of dried wild mushrooom - soaked and drained, reserve mushroom soaking water
1 tbsp vegetarian mushroom sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
drizzle of sesame oil
1 piece ginger - peeled and shred
salt to taste
sugar to taste
pepper to taste
- Heat up 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a wok. Fry shredded ginger till golden brown. Remove fried ginger from wok and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to fry the vegetable over high heat.
- Add mushroom sauce and light soy sauce.
- Fry to mix well. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Pour vegetables into a large plate. Place shredded ginger on top.
- Add another tbsp oil to the wok. Fry mushroom till fragrant.
- Add dark soy sauce and fry to mix well.
- Add mushroom water and bring to a boil. Add tofu pieces.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes more. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tofu mushroom mixture onto the same plate as vegetables.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and serve warm with rice.