Another tasty bee hoon stir fry by the Hub, slurpy good!
1/2 packet Beehoon (Taiwanese Hsin Chu Vermicelli) - soak in cold water for 30 minutes
8 Prawns - deveined
2 squids - cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 stalks of baby gai lan - cut into 1 inch pieces
500ml chicken stock or more
1 tsp sesame oil
6 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
- Heat up 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp sesame in wok.
- Add half of the chopped garlic and fry till lightly aromatic. Add pre-soaked beehoon and fry for one minute. Toss to mix well with the garlic. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of oil in wok. When oil is heated, add prawns and squid and fry for a while over high heat but not fully cooked. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add another tbsp oil in the wok. Crack 2 eggs into the hot oil.
- Lightly scramble it and let is set for a short while. Pour chicken stock into the wok and stir.
- Add seasonings and let it come to a boil.
- Add pre-fried beehoon to the wok. Add prawns, squids, gai lan and clams and cover for a minute or two. When clams open up, they are cooked.
- Serve the beehoon immediately to enjoy the rich flavour and tasty broth!