1 large onion - peeled
bunch of basil leaves
10 cloves garlic - peeled
dash of black pepper
sugar to taste
salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
- Make a criss cross on the tomatoes. Place them in boiling water for a while.
- Remove the boiled tomatoes and place them in cold water for easy removal of the skin.
- Chop the basil leaves, onions and garlic.
- Heat up olive oil in a pot. Fry the onions till aromatic. Add garlic and fry till lightly brown.
- Add tomato and basil leaves and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Place sauce in a blender.
- Ladle the blended sauce into sterilized bottles. Cover and let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator.