few pieces of halibut fish
1 hairy gourd - peeled and cut into pieces
10 pieces of tofu puff
1 large tomato - quartered
few slices of ginger
2 cloves garlic - lightly mashed
1 large shallot - sliced
1 stalk lemongrass - use tender parts
salt and pepper to taste
sesame oil to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat up oil in pan and fry the fish pieces. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pot. Fry the shallots, ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add lemongrass and tomato slices and fry for another minute.
- Drizzle sauce and do a quick stir fry. Add water, hairy gourd and tofu puff and bring to a boil.
- Check seasonings and sprinkle salt if necessary.
- Transfer all ingredients and the fried fish pieces to a claypot.
- Cover and braise for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Dish is ready when hairy gourd pieces are tender.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and serve warm with rice.