Pesto sauce ingredients
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
1/3 cup grated cheese
- Place basil and pine nuts in the food processor. Pulse until basil and pine nuts are finely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add garlic and olive oil and pulse to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and add grated cheese. Combine to mix well. Set aside for later use.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add linguine pasta and salt and cook till desired tenderness.
- Remove cooked pasta and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add desired amount of pesto sauce and combine to mix well.
- Serve warm.