4 pieces medium size pork chop (about 1/2 inch thick and deboned)
1 yellow onion - peeled and sliced
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tomato - cut into wedges
5 - 6 tbsp tomato sauce
handful of frozen green peas
salt and sugar to taste
Seasonings for pork chops
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
drizzle of sesame oil
sprinkle of pepper
sprinkle of cornstarch
- Use the back of a knife to pound the pork chop.
- Marinate pork chops with seasonings for a few hours or more.
- Heat up cast iron pan on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Pan fry the pork chops for 2 minutes, covered.
- Turn off heat. Flip over and cover the pan. Let the remaining heat cook the pork for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place them on a serving plate, lightly covered with aluminium foil.
- Drizzle oil on a pan. Saute the onions for a while till slightly translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and pan fry for a minute.
- Add tomato wedges and toss to mix well. Add tomato sauce, green peas and water and stir to mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Add some salt and sugar to taste.
- Pour sauce over the fried pork chops and serve warm with rice.