2 lb babyback ribs
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1 cup rice wine
1 tsp five spice powder
4 star anise
few slices ginger
half bulb garlic
- Put all ingredients inside a claypot.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Preheat weber grill to 450 degrees F. Place ribs over indirect heat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the ribs and grill for 10 to 15 minutes or till the ribs are caramelized.
- Remove from grille and enjoy the tasty fall off the bone ribs!
- *own notes alternative method : Place ribs in a large baking pan. Marinate ribs with all the ingredients except for ginger and garlic for a few hours or overnight. When ready to bake, place ginger and garlic inside the pan. cover with aluminium foil and bake in an oven at 275 degree F for 2 2-1/2 hours. Remove from ribs from pan and grill them on a weber grill.